Taking care of knife storage and kitchen accessories
A collection of knife storage solutions and kitchen accessories designed to enhance the home cooking experience. All Robert Welch kitchenware has been created with function in mind as well as being an attractive addition to the counter top.
Care of ABS plastic based kitchen accessories:
- ABS is a strong durable polymer which can withstand both high and low temperatures.
- This material can be easily maintained by wiping over with a damp cloth.
Care of cast iron kitchen accessories:
- To clean products made from these materials, wipe over with a damp cloth.
- For cast iron pestle and mortars, wash with hot, soapy, water and dry thoroughly. Apply a light coat of vegetable oil to add protection to the surface.
- There is no need to use abrasive detergents.
- Ensure products remain dry and aren't kept in humid conditions.
Care of wood based knife storage and kitchen accessories:
- Wipe all wood based kitchen products with a clean damp cloth and hand dry.
- Ensure that all knives are thoroughly dry before inserting into knife storage blocks.
- All wood is lacquered when manufactured. For this reason, it is best to keep any of our wood based products away from moisture and humid conditions.
- Stainless steel components can be cleaned using stainless steel cleaning products.
Care of chopping boards:
- Hand wash in warm water and dry immediately.
- Do not immerse in water.
- Treat with a suitable food-safe oil on a regular basis to maintain condition.
- Wipe off excess oil and allow to dry before using.