Designed in consultation with professional chefs, the award winning Signature 10cm/4" paring knife has a plain edged, short blade which is ideal for peeling, trimming, and slicing fruits and vegetables.
The paring knife is good for small intricate work in the kitchen, as well as peeling or scraping fruits and vegetables in your hand.
The Japanese-style blade edge is at a 15° angle and the knife has an ergonomically shaped handle for comfort, balance and to minimise fatigue in use.
Also available: vegetable / paring knife 8cm
Choosing the right kitchen knife, the best knife for the task at hand, makes preparing a meal easier. Selecting the perfect knife for slicing, dicing or chopping allows you to work with accuracy and cut consistently, which helps food to cook more evenly. The specially hardened, high-quality, German stainless steel used for our Signature knives is durable, easy to clean and maintain.
The 10cm/4" paring knife has a fully forged German DIN 1.4116 stainless steel blade with a full tang for superior strength.
German stainless steel, hardened to Rockwell 56, is used in the manufacture of all Robert Welch kitchen knives. The hardened German steel allows for easy home maintenance and a superior sharpness that lasts.
The handle is made from tactile DuPont™ POM and features the RW insignia, a permanent steel detail.
Blade Length: 100mm
Care & Need to Know
By hand (recommended):
• Rinse the Signature knives to remove any traces of food.
• Wash gently in warm, soapy, water with a soft cloth. There is no need to soak your Signature knives.
• Thoroughly dry stainless steel knives individually.
• For the best finish, apply a non-abrasive metal polish.
In the dishwasher:
• Ensure your dishwasher setting are set as per the manufacturers' instructions for water hardness in your area.
• Maintain the appropriate salt and rinse aid levels in your dishwasher.
• Before placing in the dishwasher, rinse Signature knives to remove all traces of food.
• Wash stainless steel Signature knives separately to other metals, such as silver, in order to keep them in optimum condition.
• The best detergents for Signature knives are free from chlorides and citrus additives.
• Standard dishwasher programmes are recommended, there is no need to rinse and hold Signature knives.
• Occasional application of mineral oil to the handles of kitchen knives will maintain their colour. Remove any excess oil before use.
For further information please see our Kitchen Knives Product Care page.
Download our guide to sharpening your Signature Knife with the Signature Hand-held Knife Sharpener.
All Robert Welch Signature kitchen knives have a Lifetime Guarantee.
Delivery & Returns
UK standard delivery is normally made within 2-4 working days. Subject to stock availability. Please see our Delivery page for more information, other options or for delivery times to other territories.
We pride ourselves on our consistent delivery promise and often exceed customer expectations, however, please be aware that we may need to change our delivery timescales when we are unfortunate enough to experience operational challenges.
If you would like to contact us about your delivery, the Customer Care Team are available on 01386 840 522 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm GMT (excluding Bank Holidays), via email at email@example.com or through live chat on the website, 7-days a week.
For further information, please see our delivery page.
This product has won the following awards:
Design Story: Signature Knives (2005-2007)
Design Director, Paul deBretton Gordon was first tasked with this project when he joined Robert Welch. He reflects "The design process for the Signature knife range was rooted in questioning all aspects of functionality, durability, methods of manufacture and ease of use." He worked in collaboration with Rupert Welch to perfect the knives using the experience of professional chefs. The knife range was rigorously tested over three years. Signature knives are now much loved by both professional and amateur chefs alike.