Enhance your kitchen knife storage with our stylish solid oak Prism knife block set, designed to organise your kitchen workspace whilst making a statement. Crafted from solid oak on silicone feet for stability and holding six essential kitchen knives, the Prism knife block is a simple and functional design.
Slightly tilted yet inherently stable, the inbuilt slots allow maximum space around the knives making them accessible whilst protecting the blade edges. Six essential Signature kitchen knives and the hand-held knife sharpener are also included in this set. Designed to maintain all plain edged kitchen knives, this award-winning knife sharpener features an advanced ceramic wheel, a solid handle and weighted non-slip base. Use the knife sharpener regularly to quickly and easily hone your knife blades to the perfect edge.
The Signature Prism Oak knife block sets achieved the Excellence in Housewares - Cutting Edge Award 2019.
Our curated sets enable you to spend less time deciding which pieces you need and more time enjoying your kitchen. This set will help you to create a more organised space so you can focus on creating meaningful memories in the kitchen.
The following knives and accessories come with this set: Signature Carving Knife 23cm (1); Signature Bread Knife 22cm (1); Signature Cooks Knife 18cm (1); Signature Santoku Knife 11cm (1); Signature Kitchen Knife 14cm (1); Signature Vegetable / Paring Knife 10cm (1); Signature Hand-Held Knife Sharpener (1)
Please note the following knives are not compatible with this knife block: Signature Cook's Knife 25cm; Signature Deep Santoku Knife 17cm; Signature Flexible Slicing Knife 30cm
Choosing the right kitchen knife, the best knife for the task at hand, makes preparing a meal easier. Selecting the perfect knife for slicing, dicing or chopping allows you to work with accuracy and cut consistently, which helps food to cook more evenly. The specially hardened, high-quality, German stainless steel used for our Signature knives is durable, easy to clean and maintain.
The Prism Oak knife block is made from durable solid oak.
Robert Welch kitchen knives have a fully forged German DIN 1.4116 stainless steel blade with a full tang for superior strength. German stainless steel, hardened to Rockwell 56 allows for easy home maintenance and a superior sharpness that lasts. The handle is made from tactile DuPont™ POM and features the RW insignia, a permanent steel detail.
The Signature Hand-held knife sharpener is made durable matt black ABS. It has a weighted, non-slip base. The replaceable ceramic sharpening wheel is housed within an angled clear plastic guard which ensures the knives are aligned correctly with the sharpening wheel. Suitable for all non-serrated knives.
Height (inc Handles): 352 mm
Width: 162 mm
Length: 235 mm
Care & Need to Know
Download our guide to sharpening your Signature Knife with the Robert Welch Hand-held Sharpener.
Using our Hand-Held Knife Sharpener:
View the video on How to use the Signature Hand-held Sharpener by clicking on the video icon in the image panel on this page.
Water Sharpening (best)
1. Remove the clear guide, fill the recess under the ceramic wheel with water and replace guide.
2. Hold sharpener firmly on a flat surface.
3. Align your blade within the guide, slide the blade back and forth through the ceramic wheel 10 - 20 times from heel to tip (applying light pressure) until desired sharpness has been achieved.
4. Rinse and dry your knife thoroughly.
5. Sharpen twice a month (or to suit) to maintain the desired edge sharpness.
Dry Sharpening (quick) - Follow steps 2 - 5, as above.
We recommend that after 12-24 months, depending on the frequency of use, you change the ceramic sharpening wheel in order to maintain your knife’s cutting edge to a high standard.
Replacement wheels are available as a set of two.
Cleaning the hand-held sharpener
The sharpener should be cleaned periodically by hand, lifting the clear guard off to wipe inside using a damp micro-fibre cloth and then dried thoroughly before replacing the guard. The ceramic wheel can be removed and washed in the dishwasher to prevent a build-up of sharpener dust.
Caring for Wooden Knife Storage and Kitchen Accessories:
For a quick clean, simply wipe over with a damp microfibre cloth and thoroughly dry. Or for a comprehensive clean wash with hot, soapy, water and dry thoroughly. Treat with a suitable food-safe mineral oil on a regular basis to maintain optimum condition. Wipe off excess oil and allow to dry before using.
Use a dry microfibre cloth, (dampened for more stubborn marks) and dried immediately after cleaning.
Caring for your Signature Knives:
By hand (recommended):
• Rinse the Signature knives to remove any traces of food.
• Wash gently in warm, soapy, water with a soft cloth. There is no need to soak your Signature knives.
• Thoroughly dry stainless steel knives individually.
• For the best finish, apply a non-abrasive metal polish.
In the dishwasher:
• Ensure your dishwasher setting are set as per the manufacturers' instructions for water hardness in your area.
• Maintain the appropriate salt and rinse aid levels in your dishwasher.
• Before placing in the dishwasher, rinse Signature knives to remove all traces of food.
• Wash stainless steel Signature knives separately to other metals, such as silver, in order to keep them in optimum condition.
• The best detergents for Signature knives are free from chlorides and citrus additives.
• Standard dishwasher programmes are recommended, there is no need to rinse and hold Signature knives.
• Occasional application of mineral oil to the handles of kitchen knives will maintain their colour. Remove any excess oil before use.
For further information please see our Kitchen Knives Product Care page.
The Prism Oak knife block has a 10 Year Guarantee.
All Robert Welch Signature kitchen knives have a Lifetime Guarantee.
The Signature hand-held knife sharpener has a 10 Year Guarantee.
Delivery & Returns
Free for orders of £50
Free for Europe orders over £150 (€180)
Returns are FREE (Mainland UK only)
We are happy to accept returns of unused and undamaged items within 28 days of purchase for a full refund.
We're Here to Help
7-Day Customer Support
Design Story: Signature Knives (2005-2007)
Design Director, Paul deBretton Gordon was first tasked with this project when he joined Robert Welch. He reflects "The design process for the Signature knife range was rooted in questioning all aspects of functionality, durability, methods of manufacture and ease of use." He worked in collaboration with Rupert Welch to perfect the knives using the experience of professional chefs. The knife range was rigorously tested over three years. Signature knives are now much loved by both professional and amateur chefs alike.