The Q Knife Block’s innovative design makes it a practical and visually striking addition to any kitchen worktop. Made from the finest quality 18/10 stainless steel black walnut wood veneer and supplied with four essential Signature kitchen knives
The Q Knife Block incorporates 4 ABS sleeves for secure knife storage. A magnetic locator in each slot draws the spine of the knife to the block, preventing damage to the cutting edge when inserting or removing the knives.
Designed in consultation with professional chefs, these multi-award winning kitchen knives feature fully forged German DIN 1.4116 stainless steel blades with a full tang for extra strength. The Japanese-style blade edges are hand applied at a 15° angle. The handles are made from tactile DuPont™ and ergonomically shaped for comfort, balance and to minimise fatigue.
• Magnets hold blade away from the block, preventing damage to the cutting edge.
• Highest quality German DIN 1.4116 stainless steel.
• Hand applied 15° Japanese-style edge for superior sharpness.
• Fully forged from a single piece of steel for superior strength.
• Full tang for incredible strength and balance.
• Angled bolster for full use of the cutting edge and precision control.
• Hardened to Rockwell 56 for ease of maintenance.
• Ergonomic DuPont™ handle, mechanically finished for hygiene.
• Multi-award winning British design and a lifetime guarantee.
Our Signature Kitchen Knives come with a lifetime guarantee and our Signature Q Knife Blocks are guaranteed for 25 years. More details.
CONSISTS OF: Signature Bread Knife 22cm (1), Signature Cooks Knife 16cm (1), Signature Kitchen Knife 14cm (1), Signature Vegetable/Paring Knife 10cm (1), Q Knife Block – Walnut (1)
Please note the following knives are not compatible with this knife block: Signature Cook's Knife 25cm; Signature Deep Santoku Knife 17cm; Signature Flexible Slicing Knife 30cm
PLEASE NOTE - you must be aged 18 or over to buy this product in the UK
Height (inc Handles): 300mm
Care & Need to Know
Download our guide to sharpening your Signature Knife with the Robert Welch Hand-held Sharpener.
Using our Hand-Held Knife Sharpener:
View the video on How to use the Signature Hand-held Sharpener by clicking on the video icon in the image panel on this page.
Water Sharpening (best)
1. Remove the clear guide, fill the recess under the ceramic wheel with water and replace guide.
2. Hold sharpener firmly on a flat surface.
3. Align your blade within the guide, slide the blade back and forth through the ceramic wheel 10 - 20 times from heel to tip (applying light pressure) until desired sharpness has been achieved.
4. Rinse and dry your knife thoroughly.
5. Sharpen twice a month (or to suit) to maintain the desired edge sharpness.
Dry Sharpening (quick) - Follow steps 2 - 5, as above.
We recommend that after 12-24 months, depending on the frequency of use, you change the ceramic sharpening wheel in order to maintain your knife’s cutting edge to a high standard.
Replacement wheels are available as a set of two.
Cleaning the hand-held sharpener
The sharpener should be cleaned periodically by hand, lifting the clear guard off to wipe inside using a damp micro-fibre cloth and then dried thoroughly before replacing the guard. The ceramic wheel can be removed and washed in the dishwasher to prevent a build-up of sharpener dust.
Caring for Wooden Knife Storage and Kitchen Accessories:
For a quick clean, simply wipe over with a damp microfibre cloth and thoroughly dry. Or for a comprehensive clean wash with hot, soapy, water and dry thoroughly. Treat with a suitable food-safe mineral oil on a regular basis to maintain optimum condition. Wipe off excess oil and allow to dry before using.
Use a dry microfibre cloth, (dampened for more stubborn marks) and dried immediately after cleaning.
Caring for your Signature Knives:
By hand (recommended):
• Rinse the Signature knives to remove any traces of food.
• Wash gently in warm, soapy, water with a soft cloth. There is no need to soak your Signature knives.
• Thoroughly dry stainless steel knives individually.
• For the best finish, apply a non-abrasive metal polish.
In the dishwasher:
• Ensure your dishwasher setting are set as per the manufacturers' instructions for water hardness in your area.
• Maintain the appropriate salt and rinse aid levels in your dishwasher.
• Before placing in the dishwasher, rinse Signature knives to remove all traces of food.
• Wash stainless steel Signature knives separately to other metals, such as silver, in order to keep them in optimum condition.
• The best detergents for Signature knives are free from chlorides and citrus additives.
• Standard dishwasher programmes are recommended, there is no need to rinse and hold Signature knives.
• Occasional application of mineral oil to the handles of kitchen knives will maintain their colour. Remove any excess oil before use.
For further information please see our Kitchen Knives Product Care page.
The Signature Q knife block has a 10 Year Guarantee.
All Robert Welch Signature kitchen knives have a Lifetime Guarantee.
Delivery & Returns
Free for orders of £50
Free for Europe orders over £150 (€180)
Returns are FREE (Mainland UK only)
We are happy to accept returns of unused and undamaged items within 28 days of purchase for a full refund.
We're Here to Help
7-Day Customer Support