As well-formed as it is practical, the multi-award winning, British designed Signature knife block has been designed with effortless human interaction in mind.
This knife block comes complete with a Signature sharpening steel, to keep knives honed and sharp. A magnetic locator in each slot draws the spine of the knife to the block, preventing damage to the cutting edge when inserting or removing the knives. The knife block is designed to hold 6 knives and a sharpening steel.
The multi award winning Robert Welch Designs Signature kitchen knife collection was developed with professional chefs, and is designed for purpose and practicality in everyday food preparations.
Included in this set: Signature Bread Knife 22cm (1); Signature Carving Knife 23cm (1); Signature Cooks Knife 18cm (1); Signature Kitchen Knife 14cm (1); Signature Santoku Knife 11cm (1); Signature Vegetable/Paring Knife 10cm (1); Signature Sharpening Steel (1); Signature Knife Block (1)
Choosing the right kitchen knife, the best knife for the task at hand, makes preparing a meal easier. Selecting the perfect knife for slicing, dicing or chopping allows you to work with accuracy and cut consistently, which helps food to cook more evenly. The specially hardened, high-quality, German stainless steel used for our Signature knives is durable, easy to clean and maintain.
Please note the following knives are not compatible with this knife block: Signature Cook's Knife 25cm; Signature Deep Santoku Knife 17cm; Signature Flexible Slicing Knife 30cm
The Signature knife block is made from durable matt black ABS with a polished stainless steel collar.
Height (inc Handles): 328mm
Care & Need to Know
Caring for products with ABS plastic parts:
Use a dry microfibre cloth, (dampened for more stubborn marks) and dried immediately after cleaning.
Always avoid scouring with pads or abrasive cleaners as this will scratch the surface.
Caring for your Signature Knives:
By hand (recommended):
• Rinse the Signature knives to remove any traces of food.
• Wash gently in warm, soapy, water with a soft cloth. There is no need to soak your Signature knives.
• Thoroughly dry stainless steel knives individually.
• For the best finish, apply a non-abrasive metal polish.
In the dishwasher:
• Ensure your dishwasher setting are set as per the manufacturers' instructions for water hardness in your area.
• Maintain the appropriate salt and rinse aid levels in your dishwasher.
• Before placing in the dishwasher, rinse Signature knives to remove all traces of food.
• Wash stainless steel Signature knives separately to other metals, such as silver, in order to keep them in optimum condition.
• The best detergents for Signature knives are free from chlorides and citrus additives.
• Standard dishwasher programmes are recommended, there is no need to rinse and hold Signature knives.
• Occasional application of mineral oil to the handles of kitchen knives will maintain their colour. Remove any excess oil before use.
For further information please see our Kitchen Knives Product Care page.
The Signature knife block with steel has a 10 Year Guarantee.
All Robert Welch Signature kitchen knives have a Lifetime Guarantee.
Delivery & Returns
Standard Delivery (2-4 working days)
Express Delivery (1-2 working days)
Next Working Day Delivery
Channel Islands (2-5 working days)
Please see our Delivery Page for more information.
Free for Europe orders over £150 (€180)
Free for USA orders over £150 ($180)
Free for orders over £350 to Canada, Israel, Mexico, Qatar, Singapore, South Africa & UAE
We deliver to over 220 countries, please see our Delivery Page for more information.
Returns are FREE (Mainland UK only)
We are happy to accept returns of unused and undamaged items within 28 days of purchase for a full refund.
We're Here to Help
7-Day Customer Support
Design Story: Signature Knives (2005-2007)
Design Director, Paul deBretton Gordon was first tasked with this project when he joined Robert Welch. He reflects "The design process for the Signature knife range was rooted in questioning all aspects of functionality, durability, methods of manufacture and ease of use." He worked in collaboration with Rupert Welch to perfect the knives using the experience of professional chefs. The knife range was rigorously tested over three years. Signature knives are now much loved by both professional and amateur chefs alike.