Enhance your kitchen knife storage with our Professional Angle Oak knife block set, providing contemporary and compact storage. Made from durable solid oak on stable silicone feet and designed to hold up to six Professional kitchen knives, the block allows you to safely store your kitchen knives in an upright position, so they are ready to reach for, remove and use.
The vertically angled, space-saving design is suitable for those with less worktop surface as its footprint minimises the need for countertop space. Designed to be placed against the back or side wall of your kitchen workspace, and also to fit underneath wall cupboards, the Angle Oak knife block ensures your knives are always to hand. Knives are protected from damage and fully visible so there’s no guesswork in finding the right knife for the task at hand - whether peeling, chopping, dicing or slicing.
The new Robert Welch Professional kitchen knives are a high performance knife range designed for culinary excellence, whether in use by the keen home cook or professional chef. Professional kitchen knives feature a classic handle shape for comfort in the hand and are perfectly weighted and balanced for control in the kitchen. Comprising 11 knives for every task in the enthusiastic cook’s kitchen, Professional knives are slightly larger and heavier in the hand than our Signature knives.
The following knives and accessories come with this set: Angle Oak Knife Block (1), Professional Carving Knife, 22cm (1), Professional Bread Knife, 22cm (1), Professional Chef's Knife, 18cm (1), Professional Santoku Knife, 14cm (1), Professional Kitchen Knife, 14cm (1), Professional Paring Knife, 9cm (1)
Important: Angle Knife Block is designed for only Robert Welch kitchen knives. Take care not to tilt knife block, and remove all knives before moving knife block.
The Angle Oak knife block is made from durable solid oak.
Depth: 153 mm
Height: 365 mm
Width: 220 mm
Care & Need to Know
Download our guide to sharpening your kitchen knife with the Robert Welch Hand-held Sharpener.
Using our Hand-Held Knife Sharpener:
View the video on How to use the Hand-held Sharpener by clicking on the video icon in the image panel on this page.
Water Sharpening (best)
1. Remove the clear guide, fill the recess under the ceramic wheel with water and replace guide.
2. Hold sharpener firmly on a flat surface.
3. Align your blade within the guide, slide the blade back and forth through the ceramic wheel 10 - 20 times from heel to tip (applying light pressure) until desired sharpness has been achieved.
4. Rinse and dry your knife thoroughly.
5. Sharpen twice a month (or to suit) to maintain the desired edge sharpness.
Dry Sharpening (quick) - Follow steps 2 - 5, as above.
We recommend that after 12-24 months, depending on the frequency of use, you change the ceramic sharpening wheel in order to maintain your knife’s cutting edge to a high standard.
Replacement wheels are available as a set of two.
Cleaning the hand-held sharpener
The sharpener should be cleaned periodically by hand, lifting the clear guard off to wipe inside using a damp micro-fibre cloth and then dried thoroughly before replacing the guard. The ceramic wheel can be removed and washed in the dishwasher to prevent a build-up of sharpener dust.
Caring for Wooden Knife Storage and Kitchen Accessories:
For a quick clean, simply wipe over with a damp microfibre cloth and thoroughly dry. Or for a comprehensive clean wash with hot, soapy, water and dry thoroughly. Treat with a suitable food-safe mineral oil on a regular basis to maintain optimum condition. Wipe off excess oil and allow to dry before using.
Use a dry microfibre cloth, (dampened for more stubborn marks) and dried immediately after cleaning.
Caring for your Kitchen Knives:
By hand (recommended):
• Rinse the kitchen knives to remove any traces of food.
• Wash gently in warm, soapy, water with a soft cloth. There is no need to soak your knives.
• Thoroughly dry stainless steel knives individually.
• For the best finish, apply a non-abrasive metal polish.
In the dishwasher:
• Ensure your dishwasher setting are set as per the manufacturers' instructions for water hardness in your area.
• Maintain the appropriate salt and rinse aid levels in your dishwasher.
• Before placing in the dishwasher, rinse your kitchen knives to remove all traces of food.
• Wash stainless steel knives separately to other metals, such as silver, in order to keep them in optimum condition.
• The best detergents for knives are free from chlorides and citrus additives.
• Standard dishwasher programmes are recommended, there is no need to rinse and hold kitchen knives.
• Occasional application of mineral oil to the handles of the kitchen knives will maintain their colour. Remove any excess oil before use.
For further information please see our Kitchen Knives Product Care page.
The Angle Oak knife block has a 10 Year Guarantee.
All Robert Welch Professional kitchen knives have a Lifetime Guarantee.
Delivery & Returns
Standard Delivery (2-4 working days)
Express Delivery (1-2 working days)
Next Working Day Delivery
Channel Islands (2-5 working days)
Please see our Delivery Page for more information.
Free for Europe orders over £150 (€180)
Free for USA orders over £150 ($180)
Free for orders over £350 to Canada, Israel, Mexico, Qatar, Singapore, South Africa & UAE
We deliver to over 220 countries, please see our Delivery Page for more information.
Returns are FREE (Mainland UK only)
We are happy to accept returns of unused and undamaged items within 28 days of purchase for a full refund.
We're Here to Help
7-Day Customer Support
Design Story: Professional Knives
Taking inspiration from Robert Welch’s 1979 Kitchen Devil Professional range, our new Professional kitchen knives have a European appearance with deeper blades and a straighter cutting edge. The more traditional shaped handle paired with an increased weight and ice-hardened blade is engineered for frequent use and longer lasting edge retention, allowing the execution of precision techniques with absolute finesse. A distinctive blend of heritage and cutting-edge performance, the Professional knife range sets a new standard and is destined to become an enduring symbol of culinary excellence.