- A quick and easy dinner party main to impress your guests, this tasty dish has a smoky undertone from the chorizo and can be served with green beans on the side. A great dish for those of us who are time poor and looking to impress!
- If you want to substitute the cod, hake or halibut work well and the clams could be substituted for mussels. You could also use canned chopped tomatoes instead of fresh – this recipe is all about ease!
- Top Tip: To skin fresh tomatoes - using a sharp knife put a cross in the skin on the bottom of each tomato. Place in bowl and cover with boiling water for one minute, remove the tomatoes and plunge into a bowl of iced water. The skin will peel off easily.
- SERVINGS: 4
- COOKING TIME: 20 MINUTES
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 160g cooking chorizo, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- pinch of saffron
- 200ml white wine
- 400g fresh tomatoes, skinned, de-seeded and diced
- 600g clams, rinsed
- 4x 220g skin on cod loin fillets
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- knob of butter, for basting
- small handful of chopped parsley
1 - Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a medium sized saucepan with a lid. Add the chorizo and cook for a few minutes until lightly crisp.
2 - Add the garlic, crushed fennel and saffron and stir for 1 minute. Add the wine and tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
3 - Add the clams to the pan and cover with a lid. Cook on a low heat for 3 minutes or until the clams have opened (discard any that remain closed). Remove from the heat, taste and season with freshly ground pepper (and salt if required).
4 - While the chorizo and clams are cooking, add some oil oil to a large heavy based frying pan and place over a medium heat. Season the fish on both sides and add to the pan skin side down, taking care not to over crowd the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, add a knob of butter to the pan and turn over. Cook or another 2-4 minutes, basting the fish with the butter.
5 - Divide the clams and chorizo sauce between 4 large bowls and place the fish on top. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
- Serve and enjoy!