In celebration of reaching the memorable milestone of a million sales worldwide we share with you an exclusive selection of recipes from Robert Welch ambassador Georgina Davies, giving you inspiration to preparing delicious dishes and putting your knives to the test...
In the first shared from a collection this delicious lamb recipe is full of flavour and a fantastic dish to be finished at the table and shared with friends.
SPICED SHOULDER OF LAMB WITH QUICK PICKLED FENNEL & CABBAGE WITH GARLIC YOGHURT
- Slice the onions and place at the bottom of a large baking tray. Place the lamb shoulder on top.
- Mix the garlic, paprika, ground cumin, ground coriander, fennel seeds, lemon zest and juice, and olive oil together in a small bowl.
- With a sharp knife, make small cuts all over the top of the lamb (a couple of centimetres deep) before rubbing the whole of the shoulder with the spice mix – top and bottom. Cover with cling film and put in the fridge to marinate for at least two hours (preferably overnight).
- Heat the oven to 200°C and put the lamb in. After 10 minutes, turn the temperature down to 120°C and cook for 5hours (or longer). The slow and low cooking is what makes the lamb really tender and flavoursome. Every hour or so baste the lamb with all the amazing spiced juices to ensure they fully permeate the meat.
- Meanwhile, make the sides. For the quick pickled vegetables, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and let marinate for half an hour (or longer).
- For the garlicky yoghurt, combine the yoghurt, lemon zest and garlic in a bowl and season well. In a separate bowl mix together the chopped mint and olive oil. To serve, drizzle the mint oil mixture over the top of the garlic yoghurt.
- When the lamb is ready, take out of the oven and shred roughly with two forks.
- Serve the lamb with the pickled vegetables, yoghurt, flatbreads (GF) and a crisp green salad.
Remember to share your #ONEINAMILLION successes with us and #ROBERTWELCH.