It may sound strange to cook the lettuce in this recipe, but it gives a wonderful texture and flavour to the dish. This is a lovely accompaniment to a summer’s barbecue – the colours and textures here really showcase these wonderful seasonal ingredients
- Simmer the petit pois in a large pan of salted water for 1 minute, before draining and rinsing with plenty of cold water (this ensures they keep their vibrant, green colour).
- Next, quarter the little gem lettuces and fry in a little olive oil until they are just browned. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, halve the radishes and ribbon the courgette with a peeler or small paring knife.
- In a large serving bowl, arrange the charred little gem, petit pois, courgette ribbons and radish.
- Crumble over the feta, and sprinkle with the poppy seeds.
- To make the dressing, blitz all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and drizzle over the salad just before serving.
Remember to share your #ONEINAMILLION successes with us and #ROBERTWELCH.
To see more delicious creations follow Georgina on Instagram or visit her website.