A treat not to be missed, this recipe brings an added delight to a classic brownie recipe.
Best served whilst watching the new series of The Great British Bake Off.
125g salted butter
175g dark chocolate
40g cocoa powder
30g self raising flour
175g caster sugar
2 large eggs
1 tube of Rolos
Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter and 125g of the chocolate in a pan slowly over a low heat. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix together the sugar, salt and eggs. Next, stir the cooled chocolate and butter mixture through the sugar, salt and eggs until well combined.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into the bowl and mix well.
- Roughly chop half of the packet of Rolos and stir through the brownie mix. Pour the brownie mix into the prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes until set on top but still squidgy in the centre. Leave in the tin to cool.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining 50g of chocolate. Cut the brownies into squares and slice in half the remaining Rolos. Use the melted chocolate to stick a Rolo half onto the top of each brownie.