Exclusive summer offer - save £20.00 when you spend £100.00 or more. Simply enter the code SAVE20 in your basket.
Ends 27th August at midnight. One per customer, excludes delivery and cannot be used with any other offer.
The perfect winter warmer for you and your guests.
Poudre de Columbo is a Caribbean curry powder, it smells great cooked with creamy coconut milk and veggies. This soup is a great winter warmer and under 500 calories per serving.
- 6 Spring Onions, sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, grated
- 2 Yellow Peppers, chopped
- 1 Lime
- 2 tins Kidney Beans
- 2 tbsp Poudre de Colombo
- 1 tbsp Dried Thyme
- 2 tins Chopped Tomatoes
- 800ml Coconut Milk
- 2 Vegetable Stock Pots
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees. Thinly slice the spring onion, but keep the white and green parts separate. Peel and grate the garlic. Remove the core from the yellow pepper and chop into roughly 2cm chunks. Grate the lime zest. Drain and rinse the kidney beans in a colander under running water.
2. Put the whites of your spring onion in a saucepan on medium heat with a splash of oil and cook for 3 mins. Add your yellow pepper and cook for 5 more mins. Once your pepper has so ened slightly, add your garlic, the Poudre de Columbo and the thyme. Cook for 30 seconds, then add your kidney beans and chopped tomatoes. Refill your tomato tin(s) a quarter with water, swirl it around and pour that in as well. Stir in the coconut milk and the vegetable stock pot.
3. Grind in some pepper and a small pinch of salt and bring your soup to a gentle simmer. Stir to dissolve your stock pot, and cook for 10-12 mins.
4. Once your soup is lovely and rich, remove it from the heat and squeeze in half the lime juice. Taste and add more lime juice if necessary.
5. Serve your Caribbean soup with the greens of your spring onion and your lime zest sprinkled on top. Enjoy!