*Customers who spend £150 or more in a single purchase in November 2019 and use the promotional code RW20 at the checkout will receive an email in December 2019 containing a unique voucher code for £20 (which will be valid until 31st January 2020)
Click here for Terms & Conditions.
Shanghai Style Chicken Stir-Fry with Noodles
Feel inspired with this fast and easy dinner option which only takes 30 minutes to prepare - a perfect midweek meal.
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- ¼ tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 1 Red Pepper, sliced
- 1 Red Onion, sliced
- 3 Spring Onions, sliced
- 1 Ginger, grated
- 1 Garlic Clove, grated
- 1 bunch of Coriander, chopped
- 2 Egg Noodle Nests
- 1½ tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
1. Put a pot of water on high heat and bring to the boil. Remove the skin from the chicken breast and discard. Cut each chicken breast into 1cm wide strips and place in a bowl. Sprinkle over the Chinese Five spice, mix well and leave to marinate. Wash your hands, knife and chopping board and then get on with the rest of your prep.
2. Remove the core from the red pepper and slice thinly. Cut the red onion in half through the root, peel and then slice thinly into half moon shapes.
3. Cut and discard the root from the spring onion, then slice them as thinly as you can. Peel the ginger using the edge of a spoon, then grate it. Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press if you have one). Roughly chop the coriander.
4. Pop the egg noodles into the boiling water and cook for 4 mins. Drain in a colander and then run under cold water until your noodles are cold. Tip: This is to stop them cooking anymore.
5. While your noodles are cooking, heat a large frying pan or wok on high heat and add a glug of oil. Cook your chicken strips for 4–5 mins until they are nice and brown. Tip: If necessary, cook the chicken in batches to make sure the meat does not stew. Transfer your chicken to a bowl and keep until later. Tip: The chicken is cooked when it is no longer pink in the middle.
6. Wipe the pan with a piece of kitchen paper and then add another glug of oil. When the oil is very hot, add your pepper and cook for 3 mins before adding your onion. Cook for another 2 mins and then pop your chicken back into the pan. Add your ginger and garlic and cook for another minute before stirring in your drained noodles, soy sauce and hoisin sauce.
7. Toss well until all your ingredients are combined and cook for another minute to make sure your noodles are piping hot.
8. Finish your chicken stir-fry by adding your spring onion and as much coriander as you like. Serve immediately and enjoy!