Save up to £162 with our hand-picked Campden Cookware Exclusive Sets - available now for a limited time only.
Pavlova is always a crowd pleaser and this version even more so! Here I have used white chocolate and pistachios in the meringue as well as on top, this gives the Pavolva a wonderful texture.
FOR THE MERINGUE BASE FOR THE TOPPING
6 large egg whites 500ml double cream
50g white chocolate, chopped 300g raspberries
300g caster sugar 4 fresh figs, quartered
1 tsp white wine vinegar 50g white chocolate
50g pistachio nuts, chopped 50g pistachio nuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line a flat, baking tray with baking paper.
- Beat the egg whites until they are stiff and then beat in the sugar one spoonful at a time.
- Carefully stir through the vinegar, chopped white chocolate and pistachios until everything is combined.
- Spoon the meringue mixture onto the prepared baking tray, making a rough circular shape (approx. 20cm wide). Mound the meringue mixture around the edges and leave a slight dip in the centre – this is where the cream and berries will go.
- Place in the oven and immediately turn it down to 140°C and cook for an hour and a half.
- Turn the oven off but leave the Pavlova in there until completely cool – this prevents the meringue from cracking due to the temperature change.
- Once cool, remove the Pavlova from the oven and carefully transfer onto a serving dish.
- Whip the cream until just thick and pile onto the cooled meringue.
- Top with the quartered figs, raspberries and chopped pistachios.
- To make the white chocolate curls, carefully scrape the edge of a knife blade along the flat side of a bar of chocolate and sprinkle over the Pavlova.
Remember to share your #ONEINAMILLION successes with us and #ROBERTWELCH.