Terms and conditions apply. Find out more here.
Get ahead and prepare for a stress-free Christmas with our simple guide full of dining and style inspiration.
Christmas for the most of us is all about gathering your nearest and dearest to enjoy a few of the finer things in life, and how more so than to enjoy a feast together on Christmas day. For some, creating a table to enchant your guests is daunting, but an effective table can easily be achieved with a few simple tips:
- Choose a colour palette; this Christmas we’re loving muted tones and linens to create a luxurious but subtle indulgence.
- Stay minimal; don’t bring out every item of homeware you own! Choose simple tableware and pair with elegant and stylish cutlery to emphasise your style statement.
- Make it personal – create handwritten place names on little tags, everyone loves something personalised.
- Create the perfect Christmas ambience with lighting; soft candlelight immediately sets the tone.
- Use foliage and flowers, the smell and the colour will create the finishing touch to your table and will help to create a centrepiece.
- Remember what Christmas is about – don’t get stressed, whatever happens, happens!
|RW2 satin Cutlery||Radford Cutlery|
To dress the table choose simplicity. Using muted tones creates a luxurious feel without trying and adding a touch of colour from foliage and berries will create a welcoming scene. We couldn’t be without some of our favourite cutlery patterns to complete this look:
RW2 For the design savvy amongst you, this is the pattern that would hold its own in the trendiest of interiors. Celebrated in the design world and a re-worked Robert Welch classic, RW2 will impress your guests and heighten your dining experience.
Malvern. Stylish and gently contoured, the Malvern range offers an affordable introduction to the Robert Welch cutlery range, this set offers value for money as well as highly functional design to enhance your everyday dining.
Radford cutlery is one of the most extensive stainless steel cutlery patterns in the world making it ideal for Christmas entertaining. The perfect pairing for the most discerning taste buds with accessories from lobster picks to carving knives, it has a classic design that is versatile enough to complement any table setting.
|Drift candleholder||Arden pillar candleholders|
The lighting in a room can instantly announce the arrival of Christmas. Soft candlelight creates a beautiful setting and candleholders and candlesticks can become a focal point on the table. Simply dress with foliage at the base and enjoy your centrepiece.
|Radford accessories||Radford cheese knife set|
The additional accessories in the Radford range are perfect for Christmas entertaining and to give as gifts. The carving and cheese knife sets come in gift boxes and provide storage for years to come. What better time to give a cheese knife set than at Christmas? You can always ensure that the table will be graced with after dinner cheese, biscuits and fruits. These hollow handled sets will delight your guests as they scoop out their piece of stilton or chisel a piece of hard vintage cheddar at the table.