Celebrate National Tea Day...
To celebrate National Tea Day, Saturday 21st April, we’ve teamed up with teapigs to offer a limited number of our customers a ‘cuppa on us’. These lucky customers will receive a teapigs Everyday Brew tea temple and a Radford Bright teaspoon in their Robert Welch orders in the run up to National Tea Day.
Britain is a nation of tea drinkers, so here at Robert Welch we think that National Tea Day deserves to be properly celebrated. Whether you call it a builder’s brew, a Rosy Lee or a simple cuppa, we all enjoy sitting down and relaxing with a cup of English breakfast tea.
This year, National Tea Day falls on a Saturday, so it’s the perfect occasion to gather some friends and family to celebrate, or to simply take a little bit of time out by yourself to sit back and truly enjoy a cup of this simple British brew.
However you choose to enjoy the day, it’s important to make sure that you celebrate it properly. So, why not make your cup of tea on National Tea Day the best one that you’ve ever had? Here are our top tips for the perfect cup of tea:
- Firstly, ensure that the water you’re using is properly boiled to the right temperature for your chosen leaf. If the water is tepid then your tea will end up tasting a bit flat and lacking in flavour.
- Secondly, brew your tea for the correct amount of time. This depends on the leaf, but for English breakfast tea it’s best to leave it for around three minutes.
- Some people like their tea milky, whereas others like it strong. Make sure you check how your guests take their tea before serving it!
- One lump or two? Lots of people still have sugar in their tea, so have some readily available.
- It’s not really tea time without a slice of cake, a biscuit or a pastry. Treat yourself and your guests and do a little baking (or just head to the shops – we won’t tell!).